Looking for a download site with no installers, spyware or misleading tactics?

Then look no further!.   Since 2007 we have been offering safe and family friendly downloads because like you, we were fed up of the misleading download links, installers, adware and other crap that most other download sites get up to.   Don't just take our word for it though, check out our reputation on WOT and judge us for yourself.

Photo

New Google Featurem Google Now

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 974 posts

Searched for this and was unable to find anything on this here at FBB, but I think this Google app may sell some phones. This sounds about as cool as it gets, and it comes with the approval of one of my favorite net skeptics at a well regarded site.

Here's the low down. Apparently, on a new Samsung phone called the Galaxy Nexus, users will be able to touch slide the screen to the left to use the phone, to the right to use the camera, and then down to reach this new app called Google Now. This app picks up on things and learns about your habits like where you live based on your usage of Google maps. Then it starts to feed you the news headlines like sports automatically from your area. If you don't care for the information, just hit the back key and the screen with the info is gone.

As time goes on the app can read your Google calendar and tell you when you are in danger of being late for an appointment based on your habits and traffic. Also if you look up an address, it will automatically bring up the navigation screen. It can also provide automatically the details of a bus schedule if it senses you are at a bus stop..

...and it can be turned off anytime. I guess this is sort of like the voice to text programs that learn from your usage habits. As the author of the article said, and he is very tough on tech products, "It makes assumptions and, if the assumptions are wrong, you just hit the back key and that's the end of it. Luckily, it's not really annoying when it makes wrong assumptions. It's actually fascinating."

Sounds like Samsung may have a big seller with this phone. The author rated it slightly more interesting Siri for Apple...

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,696 posts
FS, Android owns 68.1% of smartphones shipped worldwide and iOS comes in a distant 2nd with 16.9%, so I don't think they have too much to worry about,, at the moment.

Bala7

Bala7

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 171 posts

Samsung may have to tweak the new UI as Apple is suing for 2.8 Billion USD for apparent infringement of patents. Whomever wins (or loses) this lawsuit will have ramifications for years to come.
Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security. ~ Benjamin Franklin