Photo

Is FreewareBB Slower Than Usual?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,696 posts
I'm going to take it that you got the matter taken care of, because I'm moving along at a nice pace now. Oh and marko, I just love your diplomatic way of putting things. "I'm kicking ass with this host". You make me proud buddy. :good:

JoninOz

JoninOz

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 429 posts
Australia marko, no noticeable difference in loading from this end.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
Our host has moved us from one server to another, and we've upgraded to a 64-Bit operating system - unfortunately, the way things work on the internet it usually take some times to propagate DNS so some of you guys will still be seeing the old server and some the new one. Essentially, at the moment there are two servers for FreewareBB, the old one and the new one - many will still be looking at the old one but once the DNS updates across the world it will automatically point you to the new server which means anything you have posted in the past few hours and anything you post in the next 24/48 hours could be lost because you will inevitably still be looking at the old server. My advice is not to post anything of particular importance on the site until you see a message at the top of the site saying you are now on the new server. My DNS is still pointing to the old server as well, but once I can see the new one, I'll post a global message at the top of the site along the lines of "Your are now on the new server" .. until then, as I say, please don't post anything of particular importance as your post could be lost over the next 24/48 hours :)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

Guest_Bob F_*

Guest_Bob F_*
  • Guests
Site times out. NZ

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
@Blacksmith - I don't see what this has got to do with anything?
@Bob F - what site times out? - I guess it can't be our's otherwise you couldn't have posted!
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

Bala7

Bala7

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 171 posts
All the more reason to use an independent DNS source such as opendns.com or Google's DNS:

The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are as follows:

The Google Public DNS IPv6 addresses are as follows:
2001:4860:4860::8888
2001:4860:4860::8844

Both OpenDNS and Goolge DNS are fanatical about updating their tables in real time.

OpenDNS is preferable because they delete your IP address after 30 days offering much more privacy than your ISP.

Google DNS keeps IP logs for 2 years potentially violating personal privacy for those who care about antiquated notions of privacy or personal security.

check your routers documentation for clarification on custom DNS servers, it is NOT difficult to setup.
Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security. ~ Benjamin Franklin

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 974 posts

Just the new programs seem a little slow here in GA. Pages are good. I guess this is a little after the fact maybe...