Photo

Is FreewareBB Slower Than Usual?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

Today I've noticed the site is loading and operating a little slower than usual - it could just be my imagination and I've checked the load currently on the site and all appears normal, can anyone else tell me if the site is loading slower than usual and where they are located (i.e. US, Europe or anywhere else).

Thanks in advance
Marko
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

Bala7

Bala7

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 171 posts
works fine on my end
Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security. ~ Benjamin Franklin

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
Cheers Bala, I'm wondering if it's something to do with the link between us and the US then, the server is located in the US but I'm here in the UK. Wondering if anyone from the UK can also verify any problems ?
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,696 posts
I'm with Bala, seems ok here (US). I'll let you know if it changes. Posting seemed a little slow, but that happens every now and then to me, and not just here, even at DCT.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,696 posts
marko, this may sound dumb, but when I scroll on any site, it scrolls fast but FBB has a stutter to it. I thought it was on my end so I just went to another site and my scrolling again is fast, but FBB scrolls slower and stutters (jerky) so to speak. It did load a little slower this time but nothing to really notice.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
If anything changes for the better/worse guys, please do let me know so I can figure out whether or not to raise a ticket with our host :)

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

Bala7

Bala7

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 171 posts
all of a sudden freewarebb is slowing down but the problem seems to be intermittent.
It's pouring rain here in New York City so I've got the kids inside today.
I'll have one of them ping freewarebb on an ongoing basis.
Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security. ~ Benjamin Franklin

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
Yep, our load has just went through the roof Bala - take a look at the figures at the bottom of the page (Load: ) currently sitting at 7.88 which is way far too high - the server is basically no longer handling traffic - I'll raise a ticket with the host :)

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,696 posts
Now marko, it's slowing down alot. I've checked it every 15 minutes and it slowed down more every time.

I see you found the problem in the post above.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

Yep, I notice the load increase severely on the server - I'm kicking ass with this host, not the first time I've had issue's like this!!

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here