Photo

Internet Explorer...Safe Mode for Browsing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,696 posts
Bala, I've used The World Browser, simple colorful, and pretty fast. But Sleipnir on my XP, just kind of trudged along. It never froze, but loading and searching was slow. At the moment I'm on Maxthon, and I'm still surprised at the speed. The face is also easy to get around, I just added FBB to the favorites and it's right there on the face next to the search bar. Very easy to use.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

what's his name, Marko something or other. Marko, funny name for a Scotsman, probably an undercover Ukrainian or Croatian

LOL, OK I'll confess, I'm a secret agent from England, sent to Scotland to spy for Haggis running around the glen's - as yet I've not been able to spot any, but my sources tell me they do exist; that and the Loch Ness Monster LOL (oh, and my real name is just Mark, most friends seem to think "marko" sounds better though !!)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 974 posts
Same here guys. Sleipnir's other browser could be good, as the design of 2.0 is sharp and intuitive. I had the sluggishness chalked it up to IE8, but I guess I should try Maxthon.

At some point, when I have a real tester machine, I will begin testing more. Sleipnir 3.0 will go to the top of the list of programs to test. I am fascinated by the Windows 8 Transformation Pack. I'll have that as my go to set up for that machine to test out the functionality of an 8 setup with a start menu. The guy who wrote W8TP really put together a masterpiece in the short time of its development.

LOL@marko...actually you have found and are in sole possession of the hoooooly grlail, aren't you?

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,696 posts

Cool "Mark" let me know if you get Nessie, then you can come over here and help me trap "BigFoot"

@FS,I heard Maxthon was underrated that's why I'm trying it. I put it on my wifes laptop and she used it before I put it on my PC.
When she said to me how fast it is on that piece of crap machine, I couldn't believe it,, until she showed me. So now I'm giving it a whirl and I use it more than the rest. The interface puts everything at your fingertips. It's that easy. :good: