Photo

Webutation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 974 posts

This site is interesting. The site master has compiled ratings from around the internet, including McAfee, Norton, WOT, Google, and others to show the trustworthiness of web pages.

The name of the site is listed above. If you try for example www.Bubbledock.com, you can see how safe the download at the site is considered from various services. This is a little bit more specific than a site rating for pages that contain downloads. There is even some information on how many times the software has been downloaded successfully from a page. I guess there would also be information on how often the download was unsuccessful too, idk...

I don't know how practically useful this is, but I guess it is interesting anyway and good to know about...

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,696 posts
Hey FS, I put this Webutation on my Firefox and like WOT has its little donut, Webutation has a little shield with the site number rating in it. Marko, you will be glad to know that while on FBB your site rates 100, and the other ratings are all green and listed as safe. :good: :good:

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*
  • Guests
Nice find FS. You can also drag a Webutation bookmarklet into your bookmarks. Then when visiting a site and wishing to check safety ratings, just click on the bookmarklet for instant assessment.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,696 posts
Thanks Jim, learn something every time. :good:

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 974 posts

Thanks guys. Sometimes I find something like this and wonder how I didn't know about it before or why I never found anyone discussing it...the site that time forgot. Yet it has apparently been up and running for awhile anyway.

I confess I like this idea even though I guess WOT is clearly the leader of the web raters. Really hope to hear more from Webutation as we roll into the future though...

The bookmarklet is some feature Jim for this type of service. Thanks for the information on that...