Photo

Download Pages/Upload New Version Button

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 950 posts

Hey, marko...noticed today that newly created download have an "Upload new version" button while old download pages do not. :scratch_one-s_head:

I happened to catch that my version of Comodo System Utilities was 4.0x this A.M. while I was putting together a comment on the program. When I went to place the comment, I saw that the version there was 3.x. I looked for the upload button because I had noticed it previously on a new page, but I couldn't find it. I went ahead and filled out a request form through downloads, and it was approved. Then I noticed there are two pages for the download (the comments section of the front page). One of the versions has the "Upload new version" button link and the other is the old one. Interestingly the old one has the new name, and I think it's the new file, too, although the rest of the information has remained the same. :pardon:

I copied my comment from the old to the new page. Hope that was proper. As for now there are two download pages for Comodo 4.0. Mostly just an update in case you hadn't noticed...

I have an update for Advanced Uninstaller Pro to send, but I decided to wait for now. There isn't an "Upload new version" link there on the download page for the 10.x version. AUP is now version 11, but I am concerned about 2 download pages again....

:good:

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
FS, I've removed the duplicate version - as for the "upload new version" button, I'm pretty sure that exist's on any download you submit, or at least it should - keep an eye out and let me know if it's otherwise :)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 950 posts
OK thanks marko...

Perhaps if you and the development team work further on this system there could be a choice before the submission form for replacing an existing installer with a newer version? Like when you click "Upload File" in Downloads a small choice menu... "is this a new addition or a new version of an existing freeware?' The great thing about that is that the form for submitting a new version already exists as you mentioned for whoever made the last submission of the program. Hope I'm not being presumptuous to presume that with a version change the old comments are moved forward to the new download page? If so, maybe it might make sense to order those newest to oldest. I've seen that old trick around on bulletin boards believe it or not LOL... :rofl:

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
FS, we couldn't justify the cost of a system like that to be honest - at the moment it's really just a matter of searching for a title on the site, if it exist's then a comment can be left informing us of a new version - if it doesn't exist, then anyone is free to submit it using the manual method or new PAD method :)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 950 posts

OK thanks marko...comments from now on... :good: