Photo

Poll: Are you happy with your internet speed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you happy with your internet speed? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you happy with your internet speed?

1. Yes, completely ... absolutely no complaints of my ISP at all (5 votes [26.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

2. Yes, generally ... but my ISP does have issues now and again (5 votes [26.32%] - View)

3. Yes, generally ... but I don't really have a choice at the moment, if it were possible I'd go faster (5 votes [26.32%] - View)

4. No, my ISP can only give me a certain speed which is poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. No, my ISP is dire and I'd leave them in a heartbeat if possible (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

6. Other (please specify in your reply) (3 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

In today's modern world, it would appear we're more switched on to the web than ever before!!.

However, not everyone can afford a super fast connection, and those in the less populated area's just don't have the choice - so wherever you are, and whatever speed you have, are you happy with it?
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

PCRacer

PCRacer

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 99 posts
I am very happy with my internet speed, I just got myself a 4G router. Works like a charm. :good:

I used to take about 40 min on an ADSL line, 20 min on my 3G phone, and now it's just 9 min to upload my office suite Excalibur{41 MB} to my website. :dance:

Unfortunately it's the amount of bandwidth I have for each month that really limits me in internet usage.{Only 2 GB of Bandwidth allowed} :cray:

But every dark cloud has its silver lining I guess. :unknown:
If you don't like it, don't use it or blame me for it!

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

Unfortunately it's the amount of bandwidth I have for each month that really limits me in internet usage.{Only 2 GB of Bandwidth allowed} :cray:

I couldn't survive with a 2Gb allowance per month Henk, my kids would probably eat that in a week ... (each!!) :good: The way my ISP manages to limit heavy users is to reduce their bandwidth if they go over a certain amount of usage - not too sure what it is, but I'm not sure I've ever hit it!
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

PCRacer

PCRacer

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 99 posts
Our communication's industry is completely controlled by the state, only when they allow more access to the new telecom lines, will we have more affordable bandwidth. :dash2:

But with the speed I have no problem, they just started to roll out 4G in our country. :dance:

-Edit-

We are currently capped at 3GB bandwidth per month by our government. :girl_cray2:
If you don't like it, don't use it or blame me for it!

CraftyBill

CraftyBill

Advanced Poster!

• Members
  • 12 posts
Things are good at present. Last week I was waiting several seconds for a page to load or even a click on a link to be acknowleged ( cable hook - up). Called my ISP and a tech was there the next morning. Sometimes the speed issues seemed to be linked to which browser has the worst traffic load. Sometime, switching the browser helps.

richierein

richierein

New Poster!

• Members
  • 5 posts
My building provides Internet at no cost but the WiFi speed is too slow.

Tref

Tref

New Poster!

• Members
  • 3 posts
Speed is not the overriding issue for me. I don't have "fast" needs so pretty fast is good enough.

My isp does not provide enough bandwidth so GETTING a connection and STAYING connected is my problem. Also, I'm out in the sticks so my device is a cellular modem - not the greatest technology. I would love it if some company up here (Mariposa, CA) would offer a microwave service that was reasonably priced but that is not in the cards... at present.

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*
  • Guests
Speed? What Speed?? :)

Things are not so rosy in backwoods Oz. The big cities are fine but, for we in the bush, internet speeds are severely hampered by older telecommunications technology and equipment. I am stuck with DSL, would love to able to upgrade to DSL2. Unfortunately, I can't see that being available in my lifetime.

Speed test sites tell me my download speeds are around 6.80Mbps. I'm pretty happy with it... always like to go faster though. When people tell me they are getting 20 and 30Mbps I go green with envy, don't really miss it though coz I've never had it. :)

My ISP (Internode) is brilliant; great service and support. For anyone in OZ I can't recommend Internode highly enough.

Feel for you Henk! Can't imagine trying to work with a 2GB limit, that would barely cover my emails!

JoninOz

JoninOz

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 410 posts
Speed? What Speed?? :) ........not funny is it, Jim. :negative:

Things are not so rosy in backwoods Oz.

I agree with Jim.
Five years ago we moved house, 3km from the previous address where we had DSL, but no DSL here (in the same housing estate) so had to go Wireless. I have updated through 4 USB modems and recently went from 3G to 4G, but no difference in speed due to THE 4G NETWORK IN THIS AREA IS STILL NOT UP AND RUNNING!

My ISP is Telstra, and all other ISP's use the one and only Australian infrastructure which is owned by Telstra, and up to now there are too many hassles involved to change to another ISP.

I am also green with envy at the speeds to which some people access.

My speeds vary during the day, evenings and weekends and at times I have had 6 to 7 Mb/s, and currently (mid-day) I have just checked to see the following :-
Download :- 4.59 Mb/s
Up-load :- 0 .125 Mb/s
Ping :- 31 m/s
Packet Loss :- 7%
Jitter :- 14 m/s

Our Government are currently rolling out a National Broadband fibre optic Network with supposed speeds of 100Mb/s, which will be installed in our area in 7 - 10 years as we are low priority.

(Ihave to leave now and gather more grass for the fire out back to create smoke for high speed smoke signals to my friends .... :crazy: )

Ralph C.

Ralph C.

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 58 posts

Sure sounds as though a lot of people have less than desireable speed and some even have restrictive caps. Yikes, and I thought that I was hard done by. Here where I am in rural Quebec, I have 3 choices: dial up, satellite and wireless via cell phone tower. Tried the first 2 and they were awful! 2 years ago, got rid of the satellite, costly, slow and unreliable, and went with the cell tower. Speeds are generally quite acceptable, except at supper time, and I have a cap at 5 GB. for $65/mo. CAD. Go over that and it costs you big time, essentially $1/Mb CAD. Sure try hard not to exceed 5 GB! But it would appear that I have it better than some, but not nearly the same as in the big city. But then, who wants to live in the city??