Looking for a download site with no installers, spyware or misleading tactics?

Then look no further!.   Since 2007 we have been offering safe and family friendly downloads because like you, we were fed up of the misleading download links, installers, adware and other crap that most other download sites get up to.   Don't just take our word for it though, check out our reputation on WOT and judge us for yourself.

Photo

BIOS password

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*
  • Guests

If only it were that easy Jimbo, a BIOS password will be stored on the BIOS chip which won't depend on the battery to retain its data :)

From memory, I can't remember if it's possible to clear the BIOS using a set of pins with a jumper, it's been a while for me messing with the BIOs, etc but I'm sure machines in the past few years are built not to bypass the password in the same way these used to !

I don't doubt your word for a moment Marko but there is a lot of advice across the net to the contrary... this excerpt from July, 2011:

Remove BIOS battery. Removing the CMOS battery like the one shown in the picture to the right will cause the system to lose all CMOS settings including the password. Take the battery away for 15-30 minutes or more, and then put it back and the data contained into the BIOS memory should be volatilized.

You are most likely correct mate but I'm a great believer in trying the simplest/safest possibilities first. :)

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

I've actually began to doubt myself now, it definitely has been some time since I messed with BIOS's (def had my fair share of disasters!), so I'm by no means 100% sure but hopefully if jazee manages to figure something out we'll get the answer :)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here