Photo

MB-Ruler Review

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

File Submitted: 15 May 2012

Excerpt From Publisher
MB-Ruler helps you to measure distances and angles on the screen and distances on a map.

The ruler and protractor is almost transparent, so you can have it on the screen, while you are working with the applications below.

Additionally it has a screen loupe function, a RGB value window and you can place temporary points,...

Click here to read more and download or leave a review below.

When leaving a review for MB-Ruler, please attempt to write at least 3 or 4 decent sized paragraphs, giving details of how you found the software particularly useful or unuseful, possibly pro's and con's and any other details you feel relevant. Short comments should be added in the comments section on the download page itself.
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 973 posts

This is a handy application, especially if you create your own "off" art photos...doctoring existing images.

No matter what window is opened the protractor stays on top, but it doesn't take over a screen. It can be moved anywhere on the desktop and rotated any number of degrees left or right. The degree and length readings are easy to read, also. Lengths can be measured in in, cm, mm, and pixels for any job you may have, making it possible for you to draw to scale.

In short, this is more than just a ruler. There is a color pick up, and the tool can be attached to any open program. One of the ideal features is the ability to add points, lines, or shapes to the screen. In drawing programs like MS Paint or Irfanview, this can help you make quick work of shapes, especially with the added bonus of the protractor for measuring angles. There is also a handy grid feature which adds a grid to the screen. This helps with shapes too. Overall, it's great for duplicating or tracing from one image to another. Duplicate or trace the shape from one image on the screen and then duplicate the same exact shape in your Paint document or in any image you are editing with the native features of that program. Then use the color pickup to duplicate exactly difficult colors to match.

For me this is one tool I have been looking for for a long time. I am a fanatic for mechanical drawing, so this is the feature that was always missing from MS Paint. But it works great with any photo editing program. Best of all, it's not too complicated. Add some French curves to this tool, and you are really drawing!