Photo

Is Chrome getting faster?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

jjj

jjj

Gold Poster!

• Members
  • 89 posts
Yes, it is one thing that hits you when you install Chrome, so much so that after a while you give up on all add-ons. I have noticed one that persists, Skype for Chrome, auto updates with Sype Upgrades, so I think this may be the way in the future for all developers.
Password saving works in Off the Shelf Chrome OK, however you need to change the settings in CCleaner if you want to maintain them.(CCleaner also needs upgrading with chrome updates)
Form filling is also available, although I have never used it http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=142893

WordWeb http://www.freewarebb.com/files/file/1819-wordweb/ is another old favorite that's become redundant when using tinfoil with its tab system and search.

Bala7

Bala7

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 171 posts

I think there is a massive tendency to underestimate IE ...

Although development has been somewhat slow compared with other browsers, IE10 beta is ahead in one important area, GPU acceleration.

To some, online gaming is the only reason for Internet to exist and after testing IE10's exquisite use of modern GPU coupled with a high-def display once again MS is thrust back into the spotlight. Yet, after all these years IE continues to rely on ActiveX for many advance functions thereby lowering overall user security even if you're running as a limited user.

Bizarrely, IE10 beta works much better on Win7 than Win8. Go figure.
Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,707 posts

My son uses Crazy Browser mainly, but when he's not using it he has IE 8. To tell you the truth, with all its problems, he has never had an issue with it. When I check to make sure he has all his updates and cleans junk out, his IE 8 really is very fast on his pc (xp sp 3).
Miracles are possible, lol.