FixBee Disk Optimizer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,691 posts

I was asked if I ever tried FixBee Disk Optimizer???? Not having tried it I downloaded FixBee.
First thing it did was "Typical Installation(recommended)" where as it tries to get you to add "Searchqu toolbar" then keep "Searchqu as your "homepage" and "Search-Results.com" as your default search engine. Note: there is an "opt out" for all these actions.,,by clicking Custom and unchecking the boxes.
Well FixBee UI looks nice , clean ,simple. FixBee has 2 options "Disk Optimize (defragmenter) and "System Cleanup", neither which are too good. It does create a restore point. after using the utility I noticed an APP on my Desktop saying "Get the best out of Facebook".When I opened it,, it was a program called "ftalk". It's a facebook" messenger and notifier" for your desktop. "ftalk" also includes the same toolbar ,,search options. There was no mention of "ftalk" during FixBee installation. It just popped up on its own. FixBe. is published by Bandoo Media Inc. This to me is software to beware of or at least be carefull of.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
The Bandoo Media guys don't have a great rep on WOT: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/bandoo.com

My recommendations would be to stay away if I'm honest - no-one seems to have a great deal nice to say about them or their apps :)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Members
  • 271 posts
Seems like everyone and their momma comes out with a disc or system optimizer..lol

I've settled on just a couple that does what i need and feel comfy with. Unless a new one comes out that really has some great features i'll stay my hand. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BigB

BigB

Gold Poster!

• Members
  • 60 posts
...and all it really does is defragment your hard drive. Nothing special.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,691 posts
You got it BigB,,just defragmentation, and it supopsed to clean junk files,,but I had 38mbs of junk and all it got was 18mbs.
The main reason for my post was basiclly because of "ftalk" software that FixBee doesn't mention in the installation of FixBee Optimizer.I wasn't looking for an optimizer ,,I just tested it because it was brought up to me.
"ftalk" is a facebook messenger service,,but it is just slipped into the installation.
My post was a warning to users who may think about trying FixBee.

Gremlinn

Gremlinn

Platinum Poster!

• Members
  • 271 posts
Gotcha big guy. noted and appreciated :good:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest_Grown in Iowa_*

Guest_Grown in Iowa_*
  • Guests
I love FixBee it works great for me when it comes to all the add ons for new toolbars just uncheck them and you dont get the bull crap, just a great programe to clean the junk ! :good:

Guest_Morely the IT Guy_*

Guest_Morely the IT Guy_*
  • Guests
After installing FixBee (*WITHOUT* the optional junk), my C: drive became mysteriously full overnight. OK, no worries, I cloned the drive (80GB) onto a larger one (250GB), used GpartEd to expand the partition to include all free space, and uninstalled FixBee. Well, here I am about 5 hours later, and my C: drive is *again* mysteriously full. I'll be running a complete scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware next. Bottom ine: FixBee is not just BAD freeware, it's MALICIOUS.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,691 posts
Well we're almost all in agreement here, that this is a software to avoid or use at own risk.

Guest_snook_*

Guest_snook_*
  • Guests

im looking for a free program to clean up my laptop hard drive to dod standard...can anyone give me advice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users