• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

ebony

ebony

Advanced Poster!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
"Ebony, I'd def say this was a techie question as well mate, but it's cool anyways :)"

To make sure I am on message, should I post techie type questions elsewhere?

Is this section for questions like, why is the sky blue, what time did you go to sleep last nite etc :lol2:

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,685 posts
Hey ebony,,,this answer is possibly worthless.Lol. The site is broken down into specific sections for every needs,,Help,Hints,Tips & Tech Stuff,,is the tech section ,,so to speak. But ,Marko did say "any question about anything",,soooo,you have a valid question that only Marko can really answer.
But so it's not a total loss,,,."the sky is blue because of an atmospheric compound of various gases ,such as oxygen,etc,etc,and molecules in the air scatter a blue light throughout the atmosphere.." and "I went to bed at 3:30 am".LOL !!!!

caduser

caduser

Advanced Poster!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Jim,

The gadget I am using is the "All CPU Meter." It does show all four cores.

I was going to try inserting an image of the meter, but when I try, a dialogue box with a blank for a URL comes up. I enter the path on my HDD to the file and it doesn't display what it should.

ebony

ebony

Advanced Poster!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
"I went to bed at 3:30 am".LOL !!!!

NO NO NO, not what time did you go to "bed". What time did you go to sleep? eeeeeeeehhehehehehe

ebony

ebony

Advanced Poster!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
"The gadget I am using is the "All CPU Meter." It does show all four cores."

Is this gadget HW or SW. Where can I find one/it?

caduser

caduser

Advanced Poster!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ebony,

I an using Win 7 32 bit. When you right click on the desktop, one of the choices near the bottom is for gadgets. Click on that and the "Gadget Gallery" should pop. On mine, the meter is one of the choices. Just right click on the gadget and "Add." If it doesn't show up, just click on the "Get more gadgets online" near the bottom right of the dialog box. They are freebies.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
Ebony, I'd have said your questions were more of a general help/tech nature and as such would be more suited in the Help, Hints Tips and Tech Stuff forum, I probably didn't really make the original post clear enough I guess but when I meant "ask freewarebb" I was really referring to any question that wouldn't fit into any other category or things like site related questions, how to do something on the site or ask us why something won't work on the site, etc, you know that kind of thing. In any event, I've edited the original post to explain things in a little more detail :)

As for your last question regarding permissions, have you double checked to make sure your account is running under an administrator because the problem you describe sounds very much like you are running under a limited account :)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

Jim,
The gadget I am using is the "All CPU Meter." It does show all four cores.
I was going to try inserting an image of the meter, but when I try, a dialogue box with a blank for a URL comes up. I enter the path on my HDD to the file and it doesn't display what it should.

Cad .. If, when replying, you choose the "More Reply Options" you should then be able to attach a file (i.e. a photo) to your post - it basically uploads it to our site - you can then pop the image/file into the actual post wherever you want :) Hope that explains that one :good:
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

caduser

caduser

Advanced Poster!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Marko,

Thanks for the tip.

CPU_Meter.png

ebony

ebony

Advanced Poster!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you I found it and other interesting stuff. I appreciate the response. :)