Photo

Ultimate PC "set and forget" Freeware Protection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,709 posts
You made youself very clear BobJam, Jim just doesn't want somebody else makng money on an idea he didn't think of first.Lol.".Just Joking Jim" :rofl: But seriously,,I have been exactly in the position you're speaking of. I have a thing called "Caller ID" on my phone,,when it rings I look at the ID screen and see who's calling and then decide if I want to answer it or not. No home should be without it!!!! Really though , if users would take 30 seconds to just make sure their AV is up to date and another minute to update and scan with Mbam or SAS ,,they would really know how easy it is to keep relatively safe and secure. Sometimes they may even like the feeling independence and satifaction of being self-reliant.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
Guys, we've went a little off topic with this one, we're looking for a practical setup which can offer an inexperienced computer user maximum PC protection with minimal user intervention - let's stay focused :good:
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*
  • Guests
Sorry Marko, you are quite correct.

One last response to BobJam: I apologize BobJam if the repetition I used caused any offense, that was not my intention at all. It was obviously meant for emphasis but not directed at you mate, more at anyone who might be contemplating such a notion. I have been there done that and learned yet another lesson in life.

BobJam

BobJam

New Poster!

• Members
  • 9 posts
OK . . . back on topic.

Though I'm not that familiar with it, I would vote for Jim's candidate of MSE as a realistic middle ground between the fantasy of absolute "set-it-and-forget-it" and minimal user intervention.

I've heard other praises given to that piece of software, and with Jim's added endorsement (though I'm a Microsoft basher at heart), this pretty much pushes me over the line there.

MSE is my vote.

(BTW, Jim . . . no need for apologies . . . I think we're both on the same wavelength: No such thing as "set-it-and-forget-it.")

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,709 posts
Sorry buddy. Avast,,Windows Defender,,Comodo-for friends. For me-Mse,Mbam,SAS.

HIPPYSURVIVOR

HIPPYSURVIVOR

New Poster!

• Members
  • 4 posts

Avast-antivirus,,,,Windows Defender -antispyware...Comodo Firewall

I have been using Comodo Internet Security Premium and swear by it. I highly recommend it.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,709 posts
Hey,,HIPPYSURVIVOR,,wow,, a woman after my own heart. Name"s Claw,,just cut my "very" long hair last year,,miss it everyday.
Always hear good things about Comodo.Don't be a stranger,,and go crank out The Stones and good ol" Led Zeppelin,I do !!!!
Rock n Roll,baby. :good: :good: "PLAY IT LOUD"

TRY

TRY

Advanced Poster!

• Members
  • 13 posts
Avira free and Panda free and Private firewall are nice too

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,709 posts

Panda seems to be making a few leaps up the security ladder. It may still have the same issues with it, but I've been running into quite a few users who are really happy with it. It's all going to be up to Panda to make strides in improvements.The good ones all started somewhere.