Photo

Best Backup and Recovery Freeware 2011

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Backup and Restore Freeware Software (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Backup and Restore Freeware Software

1. Allway Sync (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Areca Backup (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Cobian Backup (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. DriveImage XML (0 votes [0.00%])

5. EASEUS Todo Backup (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

6. FBackup (0 votes [0.00%])

7. GFI Backup Freeware Edition (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

8. Voted Macrium Reflect Free (6 votes [35.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

9. Recuva (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Toucan (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Windows Backup/System Restore (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

12. Other (Please Specify) (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

We've taken some of the most popular freeware backup and restore software and listed them here - these will form part of our search for the best freeware of 2011 so please do vote carefully :)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

joomlafbb

joomlafbb

New Poster!

• Members
  • 3 posts

Edited by joomlafbb, 13 December 2011 - 09:33 AM.

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 998 posts
I don't know. I have used FBackup for 4 or 5 years, but I am open to a new backup program.

FBackup has been steady and reliable for me, but there aren't many options, and I am a little disappointed that the program seems to faulter with regards to the schedule. When it does it goes out for long periods. Can't explain why it comes back.

I keep my PC on standby for this exact reason, so that backups will happen at night while I am asleep, but of late I have found myself performing manual backups when I get the chance due to this scheduler problem.

I have other programs that seem to perform more robustly on a scheduler. First one that comes to mind is AUSLogics Defragmenter. That program has come a long way in the last few years. I'd like something similar from FBackup....

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
FS, I'd give GFI Backup a whirl (http://www.freewarebb.com/files/file/9607-gfi-backup-freeware-edition/) - just about every option you could think of with the added ability to run a backup to a network location, disc, additional hard drive, etc !!
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 998 posts
Hey, marko...that's pretty hard to beat. I will look into that as soon as I have a little time to catch my breath. It's work setting up all those backups...

BigB

BigB

Gold Poster!

• Members
  • 60 posts
Have been using Macrium for a while and it does me just fine. Will give Markos suggestion as well as it certainly sounds impressive.,

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,707 posts
I used Cobain on one computer , but prefer GFI Backup on my everyday machine.

FreeWareFan

FreeWareFan

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 101 posts
EASEUS ToDo Backup + Drive Copy is my vote. But I'm personally don't use them. :D

campart

campart

Advanced Poster!

• Members
  • 26 posts
Hi Marko,
this poll covers rather a wide spectrum of programs and you might like to add some explanatory notes. What I mean is that while an easy-to-use program like GFI is very good for everyday file backups it is not really anything like a disc image program. And in the disc image genre there also seems to be some difference between cloning and imaging. Perhaps our other friend in the southern hemisphere might also like to bring his experience to bare on this topic; are you there Jim?
Best regards to all FBB readers.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

I can see what you mean campart, but I've really only chosen some of the popular solutions from the disk imaging and backup sector - some like to take snapshots of their systems via disk imaging software whereas others prefer to use a traditional backup solution such as GFI, etc. I would leave the fine details to our man Jimbo as he would probably do an explanation a little more justice than I - maybe an article of sorts Jim ?

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here