Photo

Best Freeware Office Package

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Freeware Office Package (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Freeware Office Package

1. LibreOffice (9 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Lotus Symphony (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. OpenOffice.org (11 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

4. Voted SSuite Office - The Fifth Element (2 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

5. Other (Please Specify) (2 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

We've taken some of the most popular freeware office packages and listed them here - these will form part of our search for the best freeware of 2011 so please do vote carefully :)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

Apokalipsys

Apokalipsys

Advanced Member!

• Members
  • 48 posts
LibreOffice and OpenOffice are nearly the same. They both come from the same source code, but the first separated from OpenOffice after some conflicts; you can read a little more here. From those two, I prefer the first one. You might also want to consider Kingsoft® Office Suite Free 2012 also (more info here) [I have not fully tested that one yet...].

Actually, I do not use Freeware Office Packages (shame on me..., but I use Microsoft's Pro 2011... :scratch_one-s_head: ) But if I can not afford the $$, I go for LibreOffice.

Claw

Claw

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 1,698 posts
I tend to favor LibreOffice mainly on its ability import and save Microsoft Office files,its PDF creator and a database that includes everything from multible languages to 3D graphics and effects. A must have when your wife's a teacher!!!!

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

You might also want to consider Kingsoft® Office Suite Free 2012 also

We did mate - http://www.freewarebb.com/topic/60776-kingsoft-office-suite-free-not-freeware/
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

BigB

BigB

Gold Poster!

• Members
  • 60 posts
LibreOffice ftw. Ever since they split from OOo it has got better and better. It's just a shame that every document I get sent is in docx format. I know that Libeoffice can open and view them but Office 2010 can save in ODF as well as well as the old DOC format..

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*
  • Guests
@Apokslipdyd

I use Microsoft's Pro 2011

WOW. I didn't even know there was an Office 2011. I'm using Office 2010 - guess I'd better upgrade.

You might also want to consider Kingsoft® Office Suite Free 2012...[I have not fully tested that one yet]

It is not a wise idea to be recommending software which, by your own admission, you know little about. Kingsoft Office 2012 has been proven to be scamware - even if that has now changed, the original intent remains...definitely not recommended!

Apokalipsys

Apokalipsys

Advanced Member!

• Members
  • 48 posts
My bad about Office 2010, it was my typing mistake, really sorry :( ! But you are right, and I myself must also be considering an upgrade, he, he...! :blush: I guess I was tired or that my hand moved faster than my mind.

Thanks for the input on Kingsoft... :good: I was not really recommending it, but rather suggesting that you check it out. Greetings Marko!

FutureShock

FutureShock

Platinum Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 980 posts
Open Office is the only one I have tried. I use Office 2007 for most things, but I do find times when I seem to have more options with Open Office. I do like OO...

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

I was stuck on MS Office for years - it came with the job as a volume license and would install it religiously, if for nothing else but Outlook - gradually I weaned myself from Outlook with a preference to keep my mail online via hotmail. With no need for Outlook, I simply didn't install it then the next time I needed to deal with correspondence I just installed OpenOffice and have kept it ever since. Libre Office is indeed a fine equivalent, or maybe even superior, and I'll be taking a closer look at this shortly with a view to review :)

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here