Photo

Unlock computer with answers to questions?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

dstrout

dstrout

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 54 posts

If you mean the version number are a bit whack, that's a bug that Invision have still to get round to - actually no idea why it's taking them so long to release the next update for the download section .. hopefully it's a good sign and they will have introduced a lot of suggestions from previous discussions, I doubt it though, but we live in hope :)

Will stick a mention in Tuesday's email about your blog and website :)

No, I mean when I originally submitted the program, I copied and pasted from changelog.txt directly into the changelog field. Now I have two changelog records for 0.2, and the first one for 0.2 also shows the log for 0.1. This is what it looks like:
Posted Image
What I would like is to change the second (lower) 0.2 to 0.1, and remove the 0.2 details from it, as well as the unnecessary version numbers, so it looks like this:
Posted Image
As to mentioning the program in the e-mail, I would frankly rather you not. The main reason is that this is a rather niche program; not many people would be interested. Also, it's still not the polished, ready to use product I would like it to be. And the website is at a free domain that looks pretty dumb, and could get "repossessed" at any time (that's happened to me a lot with .tk domains). When 1.0 comes out later next week, I will consider it ready to use. I'll probably register a .com and improve and complete the website, and at that time it will be a program I wouldn't mind being mentioned. Even then, though, it is a product that not many people would need, so I don't want it shoved in their faces. I hope you understand.
I'm a website developer from NH. Check out my site at dstrout.net!

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
Managed to clean it up and delete one of the duplicates, unfortunately it's about as much as I can do without removing all the revisions - as for not mentioning this in the email it's no probs, completely understand :)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

dstrout

dstrout

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 54 posts
I've posted this on the blog, but I figured it couldn't hurt to post here too: I need an icon for LL, since it will be leaving beta soon. If anyone can design one, it would be much appreciated.

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*
  • Guests

Login Learner – new freeware with a mission

dstrout

dstrout

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 54 posts

Login Learner – new freeware with a mission

Thanks for the complementary post. I just hope I can fulfill the high expectations that it brings along :)