Photo

Unlock computer with answers to questions?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

dstrout

dstrout

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 54 posts

Looking good dstrout, approved v0.2 though a quick overview on where to put the files will help anyone who doesn't see this thread :)

Also, I tried accessing the options but I'm not seeing anything. I enter a password as prompted and then nothing else other than the sums?

I downloaded the program from FreewareBB and the site I created, opened it, clicked options, typed in the password, and successfully got to the options panel. Are you sure you typed the correct password? By default it is just "password" (no quotes). Try downloading and trying again. I admit, right now it shows no message when you get the password wrong, I'll change that in 0.3, as well as mentioning that the default password can be found in the readme file.
I'm a website developer from NH. Check out my site at dstrout.net!

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*
  • Guests

the program is still in early beta, it's not ready for a bunch of people to try out.

I fully understand that mate and I shall make it clear in my initial article. An introduction to the software and some background info to start off with and we'll ramp it up once the software is ready for general distribution. :)

dstrout

dstrout

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 54 posts

I fully understand that mate and I shall make it clear in my initial article. An introduction to the software and some background info to start off with and we'll ramp it up once the software is ready for general distribution. :)

OK, thanks. Also be sure to mention that the current version is still fairly easy to break out of for even mildly experienced computer users, but the next version (which may come out as soon as today) will be considerably harder.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

I downloaded the program from FreewareBB and the site I created, opened it, clicked options, typed in the password, and successfully got to the options panel. Are you sure you typed the correct password? By default it is just "password" (no quotes). Try downloading and trying again. I admit, right now it shows no message when you get the password wrong, I'll change that in 0.3, as well as mentioning that the default password can be found in the readme file.

Yep, my bad, didn't realise there was a default password!! :good:
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

dstrout

dstrout

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 54 posts

Yep, my bad, didn't realise there was a default password!! :good:

Yeah, it is kind of unclear. I changed the message to make it seem less like the password popup is where you will actually set the password. Also, the alert that now pops up when you get it wrong tells you where to find the default password. Perhaps in a future version (setup process in 0.4/1.0?) there will be a chance to set the password. In the mean time, 0.3 is well under way, I have set it up to kill explorer.exe, though I am having some trouble getting explorer started again after unlocking. It will probably be tomorrow before it's out. I will only be able to work on LL minimally over the weekend, as my grandparents are going to be here.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
No probs dstrout - looking forward to seeing the next version :good: :good: :good:
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

dstrout

dstrout

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 54 posts
I have uploaded 0.3 to FreewareBB and the login-learner.tk site. Until it is approved on FBB, you can get it on the site. As promised, it is harder to break out of (as long as no other programs are running), and I have improved the interface considerably. The basic problem solving interface is the same, but the admin interface is now tabbed and the fields are aligned. Also, I no longer use an ugly IE prompt for the password, rather my own custom password prompt. I did a last-minute test before release, and AFAIK everything is working fine. If you see any problems, please let me know. I am already looking in to setting up an NSIS installer for 1.0, and am working on an updater. Expect 1.0 Wednesday or so.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
:good: :good: :good:

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

dstrout

dstrout

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 54 posts

:good: :good: :good:

Thanks marko. Is it possible you could fix the full changelog section on the program page? Take a look at it now and you'll see the problem.

Also, I've created a blog for keeping up with LL updates, development progress, and other things LL related. You can find it here.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
If you mean the version number are a bit whack, that's a bug that Invision have still to get round to - actually no idea why it's taking them so long to release the next update for the download section .. hopefully it's a good sign and they will have introduced a lot of suggestions from previous discussions, I doubt it though, but we live in hope :)

Will stick a mention in Tuesday's email about your blog and website :)

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here