Photo

Tell us one thing you like and dislike about FreewareBB!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts

We always love to hear your views here at FreewareBB, and every now and again we openly invite users to actually tell us about something they like and dislike about the site.

This helps us stay on track and telling us about something you like helps us enhance those features and when there is something you don't like we can review that and consider what we can do to improve things.

As always, we ask you to be completely honest and frank with all your comments ... we value your opinion and can only shape the site accordingly when we know how you truly feel, if something is seriously annoying you, tell us about it. :good:

Not all sites want to hear what their members have to say, but that's where we are different, have your say on the most transparent and trustworthy download site around!!

Looking forward to hearing from you all :)
Cheers
Marko
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

vanellus

vanellus

New Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 3 posts
No, nothing is annoying me :good: I always liked your site, user friendly and clear.

Cheers :)

Vanellus

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
You're too kind Vanellus :)
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

mizdoc

mizdoc

Advanced Poster!

• Members
  • 12 posts
can't say that there is anything I DON'T like, but I do like the Bad Freeware forum, and all the help I get from this site....I don't say it often, but THANK YOU!

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
Thanks for the feedback mizdoc, glad to hear your enjoying the site :)

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

Ralph C.

Ralph C.

Gold Poster!

• Verified Member
  • 61 posts
I very much like and use this forum. I don't post all that often, however I like to visit and read what others have to say. I would not consider myself a newbie, but I am certainly not the kind of guy who plays with the inner workings of my computer. so to speak. I find the form easy to search, well laid out and the quality of posters to the forum is high, and I value what they have to say.

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*
  • Guests
IMO, the new(ish) layout of the front page is a huge improvement, I really appreciate the comprehensive set of lists summarising updated material. It allows me to immediately see where and when any new content has been added and then choose where to go for expanded viewing. I reckon you've kicked a goal with that one Marko!!! :)

Can't really offer any negatives about the site at all.....all good as far as I am concerned. :good:

Cheers.....Jim

zorg

zorg

New Poster!

• Members
  • 9 posts
IMHO, this is the best share site going! I have been to others & they have heavy rules for no more content then they have &/or they have links to slow download pages you have to pay money to get a faster download speed. I have NEVER had a problem like that here. I like the way things are catagorized, everything is easy to find, direct & to the point. The front page is better than the old one, as it is easier to use.
I think that if anything could be improved it might be the amount of tech e-books that you have, I really love to read information (its how we learn). :) I have no idea how you find all these things Marko, but you do a really great job!! :good:

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
Thanks guys, great feedback as always and I'm glad the frontpage is proving to be of use - as for ebooks zorg, I'll certainly keep an eye out for any :)

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

BobC

BobC

Advanced Member!

• Verified Member
  • 47 posts

Actually, I generally come here when there is a survey. The regular e-mail is generally sufficient. If I see something that tweaks my interest, I ll download it and try it. I typically get on, go through my e-mail, which usually takes a couple of hours and maybe check a couple of Yahoo news clips and then go to bed (wee hours of the morning by then). BTW, not to knock a "competitor", but I notice all CNET downloads lately are a small "install" file (all the same size 544KB(?)) that now loads "crapware". I had downloaded a couple of files (e.g., 7Zip, WinRar, etc.) but had not installed. I get LifeHacker also and one of the articles mentioned that CNET changed their download process to install crapware. I checked the files and sure enough, they were all small, same size KB files.

BTW, I use W.O.T. (Web of Trust) and some of the in the FreewareBB downloads show in "RED". While RED is bad, it doesn't always imply spyware, malware or other malevolent stuff, but it raises a flag. The ratings are generated by users who go to the site and have had problems of one kind or another and then rate the site. If sufficient users rate it "Red", then it shows up. There are also other rating colors (5 in all). For example, if you click on: http://www.freewarebb.com/page/sitesearch.html?cx=partner-pub-8414411069580605%3A1ltckn5bfhf&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=7zip&sa=Search&siteurl=www.freewarebb.com%2Ffiles%2Fcategory%2F6-system-applications-utilities%2Fpage__sort_order__DESC__sort_key__file_submitted__num__10__st__40#1178 , you will see three of the 4 sites in the box at the top are rated "Red" - 7-zip.freeze.com - www.download-free.com/7-Zip - www.wisedownloads.com/Free7Zip . Only www.softonic.com/Utilities gets a "Green" rating. Notice, your site gets a "Green" rating too!

Overall, you keep a well-run site. Keep up the good work.