Looking for a download site with no installers, spyware or misleading tactics?

Then look no further!.   Since 2007 we have been offering safe and family friendly downloads because like you, we were fed up of the misleading download links, installers, adware and other crap that most other download sites get up to.   Don't just take our word for it though, check out our reputation on WOT and judge us for yourself.

Pale Moon browser - A faster Firefox??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Guest_James (Jim) Hillier_*

• Guests

Hi All - Has anyone had any experience with this relatively new browser called Pale Moon? The home page says Pale Moon is Firefox optimized for maximum speed:

Pale Moon project: Custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems. Make sure to get the most speed out of your browser! The Pale Moon browser is extremely close to Firefox, but does not include all the functions that Firefox has. A few carefully selected features, that are not in high demand, have been disabled. The missing features do not interfere with the way web pages are displayed or function; all to maximize speed and efficiency of the browser.

I am keen to give this a try but would like to sound it out first, any information would be appreciated. Pale Moon home page HERE.

TIA....Jim

P.S. Marko - Couldn't find this listed in the downloads. Do you have any knowledge of this one mate?

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
Looks like this could be another false positive Jim, VirusTotal reporting "Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Banload.avym" from the vendor "VBA32" which would explain why we've not added it to the site, will take a closer look and if we find the false positive we'll have it added to the site :)
Cheers
Marko
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
Updated Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

• Guests

Looks like this could be another false positive Jim, VirusTotal reporting "Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Banload.avym" from the vendor "VBA32" which would explain why we've not added it to the site, will take a closer look and if we find the false positive we'll have it added to the site :)
Cheers
Marko

Hey Marko - That is a strange one......

The home site is rated Green by all advisory services. I had downloaded the execute file but not installed, awaiting advice. Scanned the downloaded file with Avast and MBAM....no threats found by either.

As you say mate...must be a false positive.

Anatolij

Anatolij

Gold Poster!

• Members
  • 80 posts
I downloaded and installed Pale Moon Portable 3.6.3
The first impression (30 miinut) good.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
Can confirm I've checked this out again and all seems to be well, PaleMoon can now be found here: http://www.freewarebb.com/Pale-Moon-file9079.html
You can support FreewareBB and have adverts removed from your view by becoming a Verified Member!!

Please post your queries, requests and enquiries in the forums - do not PM me directly as I cannot answer everyone individually - your post stands a much better chance of receiving multiple replies from other members too on the forums.

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

DaComboMan

DaComboMan

Advanced Member!

• Members
  • 40 posts
Can confirm that it is indeed much faster on my Windows 7 setup.

Start-up or page rendering. Both are noticeably faster.

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
I can honestly say I'm not noticing any difference at all using this browser, for me nothing is coming close to Google Chrome even with half a dozen addons installed it's still knocking the socks off the competition!

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

• Guests
Thanks Guys for the replies....and especially DaComboMan. :)

I'm currently going through one of those phases with Firefox involving regular but completely random crashes. There is no discernible pattern....very annoying.

Based on what has been said here I am going to give Pale Moon a trial.

Thanks again....always good info from FreewareBB members!! :)
Jim

marko

marko

Platinum Poster!

• Root Admin
  • 12,694 posts
An important note to anyone using PaleMoon, or rather if uninstalling it, be careful when it asks if you wish to remove personal preferences, etc, as this relates to Firefox, i.e. your favourites, settings, etc in Firefox - I made the mistake myself today when uninstalling PaleMoon though fortunately I have a backup of all my data but it could be nasty for someone who doesn't!! :)

Forums
New Freeware on the site
RSS Subscribe
Report bad freeware here

• Guests

Thanks for the warning Marko!!

That information is actually available on the home page though mate....who didn't read through the instructions properly then??? :) :) :)

Cheers...Jim